Bottling Operators, Level II or higher – American Canyon. First and Second Shift
The Bottle Operator II position is the mid-level job in the Bottling Department. This position is capable of autonomously setting up, operating and shutting down multiple workstations within the Bottling Department. This position is also capable of performing all required quality checks and filling out all required documentation. The position is available for first and second shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proficient in all skills and responsibilities of the Bottle Worker I position.
- Complete understanding of the specific safety procedures for the assigned work area.
- Capable of setup, shutdown, operating, troubleshooting issues and making minor adjustments for In-Line Labeler, Rotary Labeler, Bottle Fillers, Screw Capper, Capsule Applicators, Spinners, Case Packers, and Uncasers.
- Perform all required quality checks and fill out all required forms for the assigned work area.
- Assist in line change-overs.
- Ability to pack bottles in cases, lift up to 50 lbs., stack full boxes properly, perform specialized rework projects, and perform basic packaging duties.
- Basic forklift skills
- Provide constructive assistance and guidance in departmental training program.
- Participate in team meetings and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Contribute to and uphold ISO 9001 standards and quality management system policies.
- General Housekeeping and cleaning of workstation at all times.
- Ability to work weekends, off-shifts, and overtime when required by business needs.
- All other duties as assigned
- Able to stop a bottling line due to unsafe conditions or unacceptable quality results.
- Capable of performing all tasks of Bottle Worker I
- Must be able to read and write English
- Ability to “multi-task” and handle various duties within a work schedule
- Highly motivated and strives for excellence within the bottling organization
- Capable of working under general supervision
- Good vision and awareness
- Physical stamina to handle full cases of wine
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Physical stamina to handle filled wine cases.